“Armenia is going to enter the European Union and am applying for the Armenian Passport” That’s what I’ve been hearing lately from everyone, even my non-Armenian friends. ‘Let me do it before its too late’, i said to myself!
The process takes up to 8 months. To obtain the passport you have to travel to Armenia. All application is applied in the Embassy of Armenia in Rabieh, Mtailab. You can track your application by calling the embassy.
Address: 28, Rue des Jasmins, Mtayleb, Lebanon
Tel: +961 (4) 418860
Fax: +961 (4) 402952
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30-15:30
I started asking around about the procedures, papers needed, steps to follow, applications needed… and i discovered that it has as always become a monopoly in the hands of this sworn syndicate or that! So i decided to do it by myself and share with you all details. Hope it helps.
Papers needed to Apply:
* Size: 35x45m
* 6 photos
* For free
* Filled in by the translator
3- Document of birth in Arabic (وثيقة ولادة)
* Takes 2 days to finish
* Is done by the Mokhtar (Jean Momdjian | Burj Hammoud)
* Costs 30,000 L.L.
* You need to have your ID with you
4- Ratification (تصديق) of the photocopy of your passport
* You need to take your passport and go to the public security (الامن العام) in mathaf building #1, second floor.
* You need a 1000LL worth of stamp, you can buy it from the cafeteria inside.
* Go to the second floor. They will photocopy the first page of your passport and the ratification (تصديق) process will only take few minutes.
5- ورقة عمادة from the Diocese of the Armenians
PS: If your mother is Armenian (your half Armenian), you can still apply for the Passport.
– Once your papers are ready you have to go apply them in the Embassy on specific days and time set by the Embassy. (contact the embassy before going)
– Once you apply all your documents and pay, you have to do the “test” which is in Armenian, 4 pages, multiple choice question. (it is extremely easy, since you can get the questions and answers before applying)
– When the above is done, you will get a receipt with your payment and a reference number you can use to follow up later.
– The process might take more than 8 months up to one year and sometimes in cases more than a year.
– After the awaited period the Embassy will contact you to fill in a one page document with details about you (Which they added later on the list of documents).
– After filling and signing the paper, you have to wait for another few months till the embassy contacts you for your passport (The person applying for the passport have to be in person applying for all the above).
UPDATES: Some Procedures have changed and as follows:
– You don’t have to travel to Armenia to get your passport.
– As per below receipt 162USD has to be paid in Lebanese Lira when you go get your passport from the embassy in Lebanon.